• Aven

Am I a Provisional Taxpayer?

Updated: Jul 25

Unsure whether or not you are required to submit a provisional tax return?

It is quite simple if you know what to look for. We have listed the qualifying criteria below.

  • If you ONLY earn income on which PAYE is deducted, you are NOT required to submit provisional tax returns.

  • If you earn income from Freelancing/Personal Business and the taxable income is above R87 500, you are considered a provisional tax payer.

  • If you earn interest, dividends and/or rental income and amounting to more than R30 000 for the tax year, you will be required to submit provisional returns.

Still unsure? Please contact us on our individual emails or send a mail to tax@aven.co.za